Thursday, May 8, 2008

Slow Days of Summer

Slow days of Summer, in this old town,
Sun goes across the sky, sometimes a car goes by,
There’s one right now,
looks like a Chevy, your Chevy’s blue,
This Chevy’s white and brown. it isn’t slowing down...
Guess it’s not you,
You said you’d be here, Sunday or so,
Maybe by Saturday, if you could get away
You didn’t know

I love you darling, waiting alone,
Waiting for you to show, wishing you would call me though,
I don’t have a phone,
Visions of love appear, lovely and true,
All of my life I see passing beautifully,
Waiting for you

Waiting for love to come, always alive,
Birds sing with angel tongues, small stones like diamonds,
All down the drive
Around the corner an old dog appears,
sits in the summer sun, waiting for love to come,
wish you were here, wish you were here...

No comments: