Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Best Gunfighter in Western Film History

Which gunslinger would pull faster than all others.

I can't get enough of Westerns. I can't figure out if it's the landscapes, the (simple) characters and plotlines or perhaps the sense of opportunity pervaded by Westerns, but nonetheless, I can't seem to stop watching. I have been made fun of by family and friends for my positive views on Westerns but I can't stop watching them. And why should I?

One of the common themes of Westerns has always been the quick-draw cowboy or gun-hand who's faster than anyone. The prototype Fastest gun, is always involved at the end, and I aim to pick the quickest guns in the fictional west. Only good movies [IMHO] are included.

The Cast: (in no particular order)

Harmonica, [Charles Bronson] Once Upon a Time in the West
Nobody, [Terrence Hill] My Name is Nobody
Django, [Franco Nero] Django
Shane, [Alan Ladd] Shane
Blondie, [Clint Eastwood] The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Jimmie Ringo, [Gregory Peck] The Gunfighter
Paden, [Kevin Kline] Silverado
Frank, [Henry Fonda] Once Upon a Time in the West
Preacher, [Clint Eastwood] Pale Rider
"Rooster" Cogburn, [John Wayne] True Grit
Any others mentions?







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brim over I to but I dream the list inform should acquire more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Again a good post. Because of your friend