Monday, December 3, 2007

SI's Peter King - Monday Morning QB

Every week Peter King's Monday Morning QB article seems to tie together everything that happened during the NFL's week to a T. As well as King seems to include every major and minor story in and out of the subject of NFL Football, I find myself either agreeing or sympathesing with most, if not all of his points. King was brave enough to admit his initial prejudice about Sean Taylor's murder and then follows by including testimonials from those who knew Taylor well about what kind of human being he was.

This week's article also featured the best compliment I think that can be given to a team of modern professional athletes:

"When I watch the Bills, I feel like I'm watching a bunch of guys who would play football for free."

Just awesome. If anyone realized the economic crisis that is crippling the livelihood of Buffalo, NY, they would surely appreciate the effort that the Bills put forth on the field each week in a place where the financial security of both team and fan are equally insecure. The Bills are trying to garner support from "nearby" Toronto to keep the team in western NY. Good luck.

No comments: