Tuesday, January 8, 2008

BCS Championship - LSU defeats the OSU

Can't say I was that surprised of the outcome of this game. Once again from last year's annual Ohio State vs. the SEC, Ohio State scores first and then falls flat on her face. LSU converted 8 of 9 third downs in the second and third quarters and went on to roll up 31 unanswered points. No friends, it was not the refs, the frequently thrusted fall-guy for the Buckeyes' ineptitude. For the big bad Big-10, the Ohio State looked decidedly overmatched on both sides of the ball. Their early rushing success gave way to a flux of Tiger pressure, leaving the Buckeye QB with little time to throw or get out of the way. An absolute trouncing. Lest to say, unless OSU is 11-0 entering the BCS postseason, they will be certainly left off the list for contention of the title. That's too bad, because I wouldn't mind seeing another Ohio State thrashing at the bloody fingertips of those SEC monsters. (I was surprised watching my Gators get upended by the supposedly faulty Big Blue.)

I must admit guilt for bringing my LSU voodoo doll to my Ohio State friends' gathering. When I arrived, LSU scored its first points on a field goal, then four consecutive TDs bringing the score to a steep 31-10. I did not want to see the suffering of the Buckeye faithful, especially my OSU alumni buddies, but I have to admit a small sense of vindictive pride seeing the Tigers get SEC revenge for the Florida-Michigan game, and fulfilling my never-ending spite of my friends lining me up for the buckeye grill at Game On for last year's BCS game (Ohio State-Florida), my Percy Harvin jersey being one blue in a sea of Red Buckeye jerseys. They failed to mention we would be watching the game together at the Buckeyes Alumni bar. It was their intention to embarrass me with the crowd at their back, and on the field with the Gators at their mercy. But it didn't unfold as planned, the Gators uncooperative performance embarrassing the Buckeyes fans with their teams' bellyflop on field. So I couldn't be happier when their sea of red is crying especially when it comes at the hands of the bigger and more badass SEC.

No comments: