Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Best Picture of a Sunset ever Taken Tribute

Driving through northeastern Connecticut on monday night, I experienced a setting sun so large it looked as if I would run into it if I kept driving. Over each hill and around each bend, I experienced some spectacular vistas fit only for a Canon SLR Digital Rebel, but unfortunately I only could shake out my Canon Powershot 230. It's 3.0 Megapixels, while barely adequate for stationary photos, would now have to stand in to capture grandeur. The sun's fading rays cast burnt orange across the pine swept hills and lit up the melting snow like a candle over a white table linen. Absolutely grand. As I braced for each shutter, my car swerved in and out of lanes, my mind solely occupied with finding each successive shot. As I climbed a hill that seemed to end in the outstretched rays of the sun, I held the camera firm. I aimed the camera to take the best sunset photo in the world. As soon as I tried to press the button to snap the picture, the lens went dark and I lost the shot. This article is a tribute to almost taking the best shot of a sunset in the world.

No comments: