Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Quotes - A Few I Like

Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand, and Stars, 1939

I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon. ~Unknown

Trip over love, you can get up. Fall in love and you fall forever. ~Unknown

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~Unknown


Love is a game that two can play and both win. ~Eva Gabor

Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly. ~Rose Franken

Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. ~Robert Frost

Come live in my heart and pay no rent. ~Samuel Lover

Love is what you've been through with somebody. ~James Thurber, quoted in Life magazine, 1960

Love is the greatest refreshment in life. ~Pablo Picasso

The most important things are the hardest to say, because words diminish them. ~Stephen King

If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. ~Attributed to Claudia Ghandi

1 comment:

JazzyJtotheILL said...

A quote my mom sent me the other day, though a day early from her and a day late for you, it is still relavent -

"Love means to commit yourself without guarantee."

Anne Campbell