Saturday, February 2, 2008

My latest experience with overseas customer service

This issue is over the download of an $0.89 song from Amazon.com. If you did not read my last experience with overseas customer service, you can here.

01/30/08 18:11:05

INITIAL COMPLAINT:
I tried to download this song (order# D01-2221883-6829641) on my old labtop and could not download the amazon music player. When I tried to re download it to my newer computer with the amazon player, I read that once you download the file you cannot download again. Since I was never allowed to download the file in the first case, is there a way that I can do it now? I appreciate your help.

AMAZON RESPONSE:
Hello from Amazon.com. Thank you for writing about where your music purchases are stored. If you used the Amazon MP3 Downloader, the default directory to which your files are saved is named "Amazon MP3." Please search your computer for that folder, and you should be able to locate the music you downloaded. For Windows users, this folder is typically within your "My Music" folder. For Mac users, this folder is typically within your "Music" folder. Also, you can launch the Amazon MP3 Downloader on your computer and view or change the default directory by choosing File/Preferences from the application menu. Your download location is specified in the "Output Directory" section. You can also have the Downloader place music directly into Windows Media Player or iTunes by changing the "Media Library" setting. If you downloaded a song from your browser without the Amazon MP3 Downloader, your Web browser settings control the location of the download. If you search for files with the extension ".mp3," you should be able to locate your purchases. Be sure when you are downloading songs without the Downloader that you choose "Save" instead of "Open" when prompted. Please only open your downloaded files after they have been saved. I hope this information helps. If you continue to experience a problem, please contact us again. You can always find information about MP3 Music Downloader on our Help pages at the URL below. You can also contact Amazon customer service via phone or e-mail by using the Contact Us buttons on our Help pages at: http://www.amazon.com/help/amazonmp3 Thank you for shopping for MP3 Music Downloads on Amazon.com.

MY RESPONSE:
Rather than look at my customer history and recognize the accuracy of my assertions about the purchased download in question, you have instead, forced me to navigate through this red e-tape just to get a response that presupposes my technical ineptitude. I realize it was my error and the cost of the download is only $.89; if it is really too difficult to reward my situation with the RE download of the song I previously had bought two days earlier then I guess I will get the "shitty end of the stick" sort to speak. I am not looking for technical expertise, rather, for a clear answer whether my situation would dictate a refund or redownload of the purchased MP3...or neither. Thank you.

AMAZON RESPONSE (surprise):
Thanks for writing to us at Amazon.com. I'm sorry to hear that you encountered a problem. Because of the circumstances, I've restored your access to the song. So you can try the download again from Your Media Library on Amazon.com.


I can't say that I wasn't surprised (and appreciative) to see this reply by my friends over at Amazon!

No comments: